Wednesday 4 September 2013

Wet Weekend Part II: Downhill Strand and Mussenden Temple

(click on the image to enlarge)

Hi Everyone,

So, you're at least a little interested in the second soaking, right?  Despite the calm image above, the second soaking was worse by far.  Less then 24 hours after my salt water experience at the Causeway, I left my lovely family just down the beach at Downhill in the car, to "grab a quick shot because the clouds are nice".  Cue wellies, tripod, camera bag and polariser.

I wandered towards the beautiful Mussenden Temple trying different compositions as I got closer.  Working at one particular spot, I got a bit too engrossed in my camera settings and failed notice a 'much larger-than-the-rest' wave approaching!  Soaked up to the thighs, with water-logged (squelching) wellies.  And we were on our way to lunch out with no spare trousers...

You'd think I'd have headed straight for the car, right?  Wrong.  Glutton for punishment.  Then I took the image above.  Crazy?  Probably - but on browsing them later, I was glad I persevered.  Causes don't come much better, so it was worth it.  And I dried off soon enough (over lunch at the Roe Park Resort...!).

Thanks again for your interest and for sharing this post with your friends and family - let them know what it's all about.

Paul

P.S. My first test display prints arrived yesterday.  It's all coming together! :)

1 comment: