Thursday 12 September 2013

Titanic Quarter, Belfast: To Frame or Not to Frame? (that is the question)

(click on the image to enlarge)

Hi Everyone,
It's been really encouraging to see the interest that the project is getting. As many of you will realise from my musings on here, a prime time for taking landscape images is at either end of the day. The image above was taken in the Titanic Quarter during nautical twilight (at 6:13am in March - with wooly hat, gloves, scarf and flask by my side!). Nautical twilight is when the light in the sky balances best with city lights. I pass this particular view every time Susie and myself (and Bethany!) head to church at Knock. I think it's a great tribute to the magnificent developments that have been happening in Belfast City centre over the past decade (and longer). 

As we approach the launch on 1st October, I thought you might like to find out a little about the framing of the project prints. As anyone who has tried to get a bespoke print framed will know, it's not usually a cheap affair.

However, after some research, I have come up with solutions for the project that I hope will tempt you! The photo above has now been printed (on special Fuji Metallic paper, in case that matters!), mounted and framed like this:


Believe it or not, this frame came from a well-known Swedish Holywood Exchange retail unit! To this, I have added a bespoke mount (made for me by a local framer) and finished it by hand.  I think it looks pretty smart, and because the frame is cost effective, it means that more money can go to the project. You can of course order mounted prints, if you want to add your own frame (or if you are ordering from abroad).

If you do choose to go for a panoramic framed print, you can choose from the following colours:
If you choose a square framed print, you can choose from Black, White or Rustic Wood Effect.

All of these will be finished by hand and will hopefully make great gifts for your friends, family or for you, of course!

Keep spreading the word!
Thanks so much,

Paul
Water is Life. Jesus is Everlasting Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment