Friday 16 August 2013

Carrickfergus Castle

(click on the image to enlarge)

I must say, I do love our little country (because it is little - relative to Mexico, or Russia, or... well... most countries!).  For such a small country, we have a very rich heritage and fantastic places to explore.  Places like Carrickfergus Castle, for instance.

Did you know that Belfast Lough was known as Carrickfergus Bay until well into the 17th century?  And the castle itself is more than 800 years old!  Well, I'm not about to give you a history lesson.  If you want that, you could (and should) visit the castle.  In any case, I think it's amazing that it's virtually on my doorstep.  Actually, hop in the car (or bus, train or bike) for an hour or two and you can see anything our fabulous 'little' country has to offer.  (I'm not expecting commission fees from Discover Northern Ireland!).  And a rainy day should not spell an end to exploring either...! As my Granny would say, "You're neither sugar nor salt - you'll not melt!"

Go explore! :)
Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment